Unit 3 – Discussion Board 2
DOCTORAL LEVEL WORK PLEASE PROVIDE REFERENCE AND NO PLAGLIRISM
Unit: Situation Leadership Theory and Why Good Leaders Fail
Reference link to read
Sample, S. B. (2003). The contrarian’s guide to leadership. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Primary Task Response:Within the Discussion Board area, write 350–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You will have 2 options this week for your DB posting. Select either Option 1 or Option 2 for your Discussion Board response. For your responses to classmates, please respond to at least 1 person from the option that you did not select and the second response from someone who replied to the same option as you.
This week will focus on situational leadership. Situational leadership is based on a leader’s ability to adapt his or her style and approach based on what is most needed in that situation. What is most needed is usually determined by the gaps in subordinates’ skills and abilities with the task requirements.
Research articles on situational leadership. Use high-level and synthesis thinking in your responses to the following questions:
- Where do situational leadership and authentic leadership conflict, and where are there similarities?
- How would you apply situational leadership to improve the performance of leaders?
- How can the style approach (behavior theory) be combined with situational leadership to develop subordinates?
Write 350–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments.
- Steven Sample discussed the importance of leaders having experts. These experts, as defined by Sample (2003), need to be artful listeners so they can understand what the leader is trying to achieve and then help them accomplish these objectives. Contrarian leaders are able to distinguish the experts that are saviors from the charlatans (Sample, 2003).
- Identify 5 experts that you need in your life during your doctoral journey and the objectives each expert will help you achieve.
- Steven Sample discussed the importance of leaders to read what he calls supertexts. These supertexts, as explained by Sample, are insightful, the foundation of our culture, and stimulate original thinking. Some of the books he recommends are The Prince, Plato’s Republic, Shakespeare’s Hamletand Othello, Sophocles’ Antigone, and Dante’s Divine Comedy (Sample, 2003).
- What was the last supertext that you read?
- What insights did you gain that helped stimulate original thinking?
- Why do you think Sample considered these supertexts more important than reading popular periodicals? Do you agree or disagree? Justify your answer.
Click here to order this paper @Superbwriters.com. The Ultimate Custom Paper Writing Service