Go to a local store that sells store brands or off-brand consumer products. Choose any off-brand consumer product that you want to reposition into a national brand. To qualify as a product for this assignment, the consumer product should not be currently represented by an advertising campaign. (A quick Google search, as well as the absence of ads for the product in your daily life, is one way that you can verify a product’s lack of an associated major advertising campaign). For this assignment, you will be creating an advertising campaign to launch this off-brand product to national prominence. Determine whether you wish to mimic an existing advertising campaign or whether you wish to create a completely unique campaign altogether to launch the selected product.
Go to the following pages of the United States’ Census Bureau’s Website and locate information regarding the market segment that the selected product is geared toward:
American Fact Finder:http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/searchresults.xhtml?refresh=t
2012 National Population Projections: Summary Tables:http://www.census.gov/population/projections/data/national/2012/summarytables.html
Write a six to eight (6-8) pages paper in which you:
NOTE: The information of all the Tables that are required for this assignment are given in the attached file.
- Briefly (one  paragraph) describe:
- whether the product is a low, medium, or high involvement product.
- the perceived quality signals for the product (e.g.: price, advertising intensity, warranties).
- whether you are mimicking an existing campaign or building your own and the reason for your choice.
- Provide statistical data from the U.S. Census on the size of the market segment to which the advertisement will be geared toward. Using the summary tables, determine if this market segment has grown over the past ten (10) years, and project if it will continue to grow within the next ten (10) years. Analyze three (3) factors affecting this market segment, as well as how these factors are changing the segment’s purchasing behavior for this product.
- Determine which reference groups influence this market segment. Strategize which diffusion rate is most appropriate for this product to move it into national prominence. Determine diffusion determinants and diffusion inhibitors for this product using Table 7-3 in Chapter 7. Recommend a diffusion enhancement strategy that incorporates reference groups for this product.
Further details of the assignment are hidden..
Click here to order this paper @Superbwriters.com. The Ultimate Custom Paper Writing Service