- Marshall McLuhan argued that the medium was the message. Explain what McLuhan means by this by using an example other than an example used in the instructor notes. Do you agree with McLuhan? Explain why or why not.
- Can the content of pop culture encourage individuality and rebellion, or is it inevitably a tool of those in power? Explain, using the theories of Marx and specific examples to illustrate your views.
- What was Warhol trying to accomplish by painting the Campbell’s soup can? What was he saying about the nature of art, and the importance of originality? Do you agree with Warhol’s ideas? Explain which side of the debate you stand on, and why.
- Freud argued that desires or fears that are too horrifying or anxiety-inducing to admit into the conscious mind are repressed into the subconscious. Yet though unconscious, they continue to influence our behaviour. Is there evidence of this in pop culture? Explain, using examples other than the ones in the instructor’s notes.
- Explain either why Roland Barthes argues that pro wrestling is a higher pleasure than going to the theater, or why he attacks the idea of expensive wine. Either answer should explore Barthes’ notions of “mythologies.”
Click here to order this paper @Superbwriters.com. The Ultimate Custom Paper Writing Service