Assume the role of the director of training for a multinational organization. You were asked to determine which evaluation approach and design should be used for specific programs and interventions. Throughout the course, you have analyzed various approaches and models as well as evaluation designs. Now, it is time to implement your solutions.
You can choose one of the following scenarios or develop one of your own to determine your design for the evaluation.
- An evaluation to determine the effects of a seminar entitled, “Effective Feedback for Supervisors” by examining the differences between seminar trainees (self-selected) and a group of employees in similar positions in a department that did not participate in the training. Each group was given a posttest when the training was complete.
- An evaluation sought to determine the impact of a 4-day workweek on employee productivity. A measure of employee productivity was identified before implementing the program. The group’s productivity was then measured at 3-month intervals for the first year. At the end of the year, conclusions were made about the program impact.
- An evaluation compared the effectiveness of providing customer service training through e-learning or face-to-face in the classroom. Call center staff were randomly assigned to one or the other group. Their phone skills and their encounters with difficult people after 1 month of training were observed. Results were presented to the vice president with recommendations concerning future training.
- An evaluation to improve meeting effectiveness that seemed to produce cost saving results. The one day workshop included technology tools and introduced participants to the dimensions of high performance thinking, planning efficient meetings, diagnosing meeting pitfalls, and improving the overall quality of the meetings. The target audience held a variety of positions within the organization. The organization had the opportunity to measure the effectiveness and calculate the ROI on this training.
- An example that you are familiar in your organization (you will need to add a background description in the paper if you choose this option).
Since this is a Signature Assignment, you should provide a research-based rationale for all of your recommendations and planning considerations. Be sure to follow APA style specifically in regard to references and in text citations. Include the following in your training program report:
- Research similar programs and provide an overall description of the training.
- Determine which information or resources would be helpful in the choice of a design.
- Provide a description of the design, and then justify your design selection and approach.
- Provide a description of the data that will result from the design, and then explain what you would learn from the data.
- Describe the limitations of the design.
- Discuss how you would educate your organization/client about the different designs if the client was intent on using one particular design that you thought would not be useful.
- Recommend an implementation plan.
Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 10-12 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.