Assessment item 1
Doing Ethics Technique
Due date: 18-Mar-2018
Return date: 11-Apr-2018
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
Proceed according to the following instructions.
1. Identify an ethical dilemma or ethically questionable situation from ONE of the following four YouTube videos:
Please include the link to the video in the references list of your assignment.
2. Undertake further research about the ethical issues you identified in your chosen video to assist you in analysing and discussing it in your essay.
3. You are required to analyse the ethical dilemma you have identified above using the Doing Ethics Technique (DET). The word limit should be between 900-1000 words. Note: Headings, citations, references and any appendices do not count towards your word limit, but quotations do. At the start of the assignment indicates in brackets the word count of your assignment excluding those items mentioned above.
4. Include a Reference list at the end of your work, in the correct APA referencing style, corresponding to in-text citations. You must include at least TWO (2) quality academic references from different sources. Please note that these references are in addition to those provided to you through this subject (for example, you still must reference, the DET, Tavani, the Interact subject lecture notes etc BUT these references cannot be used as one of your two quality academic references from different sources). Only include references that have been cited in the body of your assignment and ones that support what you have presented in your assignment.
NOTE: Please use the template provided in resources section of subject site.
This assessment aligns with the following subject learning outcomes:
• be able to identify ethical issues related to ICT;
• be able to assess the implications of ethical problems;
• be able to critically evaluate solutions to ethical problems;
• be able to apply ethical theories to ethical problems;
• be able to argue consistently and rationally about the moral issues raised by the adoption and use of ICT.
The following marking sheet will be used to assess students’ submissions.
Please check that you have met all the criteria before you submit your assignment
High Distinction (HD) Distinction (DI) Credit (CR) Pass (PS) Fail (FL)
Analysis of the ethical dilemma using the Doing Ethics Technique (DET)
Answers all DET questions, lists all the facts, identifies all the non-ethical issues, lists all the stakeholders, identifies all the ethical issues, evaluates OTHER options can resolve them and selects the best option from these and the already given and justifies why this option is the best using supporting arguments based on the literature. Answers all DET questions, lists all the facts, identifies all the non-ethical issues, lists all the stakeholders, lists all the ethical issues and the OTHER options can resolve them and selects the best option from these and explains why this option is the best. Answers all DET questions, lists most of the facts, identifies most of the non-ethical issues, lists most of the stakeholders, lists most of the ethical issues and OTHER options can resolve them and selects the best option from these and makes an attempt to explain why this option is the best. Answers some of the DET questions, lists a few facts, identifies a few non-ethical issues, lists a few stakeholders, lists a few ethical issues and OTHER options can resolve them and selects the best option from these but without explaining why this option is the best. Answers a few DET questions but fails to list important facts, fails to identify relevant non-ethical issues, fails to list important stakeholders, fails to identify the ethical issues and evaluates the OTHER options can resolve them and does not select the best option or does not explain why the option selected is the best.
Writing & structure
Click here to order this paper @Superbwriters.com. The Ultimate Custom Paper Writing Service
Language features and structures are used to convey meaning effectively, concisely, unambiguously, and in a tone appropriate to the audience and purpose with no spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors. Well-developed skills in expression & presentation of ideas.
Fluent writing style appropriate to assessment task/document type.
Grammar & spelling accurate. Good skills in expression & clear presentation of ideas.
Mostly fluent writing style appropriate to assessment task/document type.
Grammar & spelling contains a few minor errors. The text contains frequent errors in spelling, grammar, word choice, and structure, lacks clarity, and is not concise, but the meaning is apparent to the reader with some effort. Rudimentary skills in expression & presentation of ideas.
Not all material is relevant &/or is presented in a disorganised manner.
Meaning apparent, but writing style not fluent or well organised.
Grammar & spelling contains many errors.
(Value 10%) Referencing is comprehensive, demonstrates academic integrity, and conforms exactly to APA style conventions. Very good referencing, including reference list and citations.
High quality references. Good referencing, including reference list and citations.
Good quality references. Referencing is comprehensive, mostly accurate according to APA style conventions, and demonstrates academic integrity. Some minor errors or omissions in style and formatting choices (e.g. italics, punctuation, etc) don’t impact on the transparency and traceability of the source, or demonstration of academic integrity. Sub-standard (or no) referencing.
Poor quality (or no) references.