Week 3 -DQ 1: Branding Nordstrom:
- After reading the article “Conservative Nordstrom to sell trendy Topshop fashions,” respond to the following:
- How does this partnership fit into Nordstrom’s current brand management strategy? Will it appeal to its target markets? How will it allow Nordstrom to differentiate itself from the competition?
- Is this a risky move for Nordstrom considering the downward sales trends for Topshop in the UK?
Week 3 – DQ 2: Marketing Segmentation:
What are the different levels of market segmentation? Synthesize the segmentation strategies that manufacturers of personal computers should implement to attract both the Gen Y and baby boomer generation to increase their purchases of computers. Are there some examples of companies that have already done a good job of marketing across generations? Respond to at least two of your fellow students.
Week 3 Assignment – The Case of the New Apple, Inc.
The Case of the New Apple, Inc. Read the article:
Burrows, P., & Satariano, A. (2012). Can Phil Schiller keep Apple cool? Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved from http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-07/can-phil-schiller-keep-apple-cool#p2
- Develop a two- to three-page paper that addresses the following:
- Is Apple’s brand in jeopardy following the death of Steve Jobs?
- “There is no place for Apple to go but down.” Synthesize the generic strategies and segmentation strategies that Apple can implement to prevent going down.
- What do you expect from Apple in the future ? Will Apple experience a continuation of its current trajectory or will Apple’s good fortune change?
- Paper must be in the correct APA writing style and include a minimum of 2-3 resources, in which one resource must be peer reviewed
Click here to order this paper @Superbwriters.com. The Ultimate Custom Paper Writing Service