Google is widely known for its workplace creativity and innovation within the technology field. Its search engine is the most extensively used search tool in the world, its data analytics are revolutionary, and it continues to raise the bar for innovation and design with Google Glass, smart watches, and mobile phones. Google has been featured in dozens of technology and business magazines.
Additionally, Fortune Magazine’s list of the “Best Companies to Work For 2014” has ranked Google number one (#1). This ranking is largely due to employee benefits such as free meals, dry cleaning services, video games, massage therapy, in-door gyms, shuttle services, and affordable daycare services for employees.
In addition to your textbook, review the following articles and videos about Google’s work culture in preparation for this assignment:
- “How the Googleplex Works” by Jonathan Strickland, located at http://computer.howstuffworks.com/googleplex2.htm
- “Google Employees Reveal Their Favorite Perks Working For The Company” by Kevin Smith, located at http://www.businessinsider.com/google-employee-favorite-perks-2013-3?op=1
- “At Google, Hours Are Long, But the Consomme Is Free” by Sara Kehaulani Goo, located at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/23/AR2007012300334.html
- “Google interns’ first week” (5 min 50 s). Video Source: Google. (2013, June 4). Google interns’ first week [Video file]. Retrieved fromhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9No-FiEInLA
- “Google Great Place to Work Entry” (2 min 46 s). Video Source: IABAustralia. (2008, April 30). Google Great Place to Work Entry [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2nfZPsd794
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Briefly describe Google, its mission, and its business model.
- Analyze the types of people that work at Google, with respect to the business culture of the organization. Indicate one to two (1-2) qualities that define a leader at Google, and determine the typical background of a Google employee.
- Identify two (2) examples of services or amenities that Google provides to its employees, interns, partners, and visitors. Next, examine two to three (2-3) ways in which such free services and amenities create an organizational culture that fosters creativity and innovation.
Further details are hidden…
Click here to order this paper @Superbwriters.com. The Ultimate Custom Paper Writing Service