Task 2 Instructions (6 page paper)
Task 2: Program Development
As an organizational leader, one of your primary roles is establishing programs and policies that ensure the organization operates under ethical considerations and legal mandates. This responsibility includes informing employees of the organization’s code of ethics, communicating the code of ethics, providing training, and ensuring that operational aspects are administered in a legal and ethical manner.
In this task, you will assume the role of a leader who must decide what leadership power you will use to develop a strong organizational ethical climate. In your position as a leader, you will need to satisfy the concerns of stakeholders, understand the organization’s ethical standing, examine a code of ethics, and develop a training program.
You are a business manager or administrator of Paradigm Toys, a publicly held company. The board of directors has asked you to conduct an ethics audit of Paradigm Toys, a fictitious company that is a retailer and manufacturer of children’s toys, and report to the board the need for ethics training.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Prepare a report (suggested length of 6 pages) for the board of directors at Paradigm Toys in which you do the following:
- Explain the purpose of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Identify two primary and two secondary stakeholders that influence Paradigm Toys.
- Analyze two ways that the board of directors at Paradigm Toys should meet their corporate social responsibility to the primary and secondary stakeholders identified in part A1.
- Reflect on the importance of ethical leadership by doing the following:
- Explain why it is important for an organization to develop an ethical culture.
- Discuss the role that Paradigm’s leadership can play in fostering an ethical culture.
- Explain what an ethics audit is.
- Discuss the value that an ethics audit could bring to Paradigm Toys.
- Develop the ethical framework that you would use if you were faced with an ethical dilemma by doing the following:
- Identify and analyze an ethical dilemma in a business setting
Note: You may also choose an ethical dilemma you have witnessed at your current place of employment.
- Evaluate two potential solutions to the dilemma.
- Explain which solution from part C2 you would recommend and why that solution would be the more ethical choice.
- Create a proposal for implementing an ethics training program at Paradigm Toys by doing the following:
- Identify three key components that you would include in the content of your training program.
- Explain why you would include the three components from part D1 in your training program.
- Recommend a delivery method that you believe would be most effective for the training program.
- Justify your recommendation.
- Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
- Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Task 2 Rubric
|NOT EVIDENT||APPROACHING COMPETENCE||COMPETENT|
|The explanation addresses the purpose of corporate social responsibility. The ideas presented are accurate and complete.|
|The identified 2 primary and 2 secondary stakeholders that influence Paradigm Toys are logical and accurate.|
|The analysis addresses 2 ways that the board of directors at Paradigm Toys will meet their corporate social responsibility to the primary and secondary stakeholders identified in part A1, and the ideas presented are logical and well supported.|
|The explanation addresses why it is important for an organization to develop an ethical culture. The ideas presented are complete and well supported.|
|The discussion of the role that Paradigm’s leadership can play in fostering an ethical culture is logical and the ideas presented are well supported.|
|The explanation accurately addresses what an ethics audit is and the ideas presented are logical.|
|The discussion accurately details the value that an ethics audit could bring to Paradigm Toys.|
|The analysis addresses an ethical dilemma in a business setting and the ideas presented are complete and logical.|
|The evaluation identifies 2 potential solutions to the dilemma and is logical and well supported.|
|The explanation addresses why the recommended solution is the more ethical choice. The ideas presented are logical, relevant and well supported.|
|The identified 3 key components that the candidate would include in content of the training program are logical and feasible.|
|The explanation addresses why the 3 key components would be included in the training program. The ideas presented are well supported and logical.|
|The recommended delivery method is appropriate for an effective training program.|
|The justification addresses why the recommended delivery method is the most effective, and the ideas presented are logical and well supported.|
|The submission includes in-text citations for sources that are properly quoted, paraphrased, or summarized and a reference list that accurately identifies the author, date, title, and source location as available.|
|Content reflects attention to detail, is organized, and focuses on the main ideas as prescribed in the task or chosen by the candidate. Terminology is pertinent, is used correctly, and effectively conveys the intended meaning. Mechanics, usage, and grammar promote accurate interpretation and understanding.|
Click here to order this paper @Superbwriters.com. The Ultimate Custom Paper Writing Service